We are currently interviewing for the following positions.
The MassINC Polling Group is seeking to hire a full time Research Associate. The Research Associate will work under senior staff members on all phases of polling and survey research. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in politics and policy and a working knowledge of statistical and opinion research concepts.
Strong analytical and writing skills are required. Day to day tasks will include working with senior staff on questionnaire design, data processing using SPSS and Excel, report writing, and administrative tasks, as assigned. The candidate must be able to digest and summarize complex datasets in narrative style for a variety of written products. This may include blog posts, briefings, press releases, memoranda, full length reports, or other products.
We focus on hiring people who are intensely engaged with politics and policy. If you follow pollsters and political reporters on Twitter and read news websites, newspapers, social media, and news and politics magazines for pleasure, we want to hear from you.
We offer a salary commensurate with experience, a competitive benefits package, and flexible work arrangements.
1. Three or more years of experience in polling or survey research.
2. Familiarity with SPSS, preferably with syntax module.
3. Familiarity with moderately advanced statistical concepts.
4. Knowledge of public opinion polling concepts.
5. Knowledge and experience in the Massachusetts political and policy environment.
1. Ability to summarize complex political and policy concepts in writing.
2. Bachelor’s Degree.
To apply for this job, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MassINC Polling Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.